THE HISER SOCIETY
Himalayan Institute for Sustainable Environment and Research (HISER) Society, was established on 21 December 2014. The organization name is an acronym of Golden Himalayan Raspberry (Rubus elipticus), locally known as Hiser (Hisalu) in Himalayan region of Uttarakhand state.
The Organization was registered under the Indian Society Registration Act 21, 1860, on 21 January 2015, with registration No. 311/2014-2015.
To work for safeguarding the nature, natural resources and well-being of environmental systems in the Indian Himalayan Region (IHR).
To protect and conserve the natural and cultural history of The Himalayas by promoting sustainable Socio-economic development.
The society conducts its activities primarily in Uttarakhand and other states of India, under the following objectives:
1. To promote the use of Science and Technology in the Rural and Hilly Area for the Socio-economic development.
2. To conduct Research and Developmental activities on Environment and Natural Resources, and its dissemination for conservation and management.
3. To provide support on Health and Education related development activities and promoting technical education.
4. To work on Women Empowerment, Child Development and Social Awareness.
5. To conduct all activities as non-business or non-profitable as per the Society registration act 1860.